Gaerne's GP1 EVO is the ultimate racing boot, developed in Gaerne's research centre with cooperation from professional riders the GP1 EVO is the best racing boot you can get. The innovative floating system allows the foot to move naturally but prevents the ankle from twisting while two rubber inserts on the inner calf and heel provide additional grip and heat protection. Featuring an adjustable and replaceable BOA IP1 reel which enables a custom-fit around the calf area, a high- wear-resistant magnesium toe slider and variable density, oil and wear-resistant rubber sole create a top-of-the-range racing boot.
- Adjustable Calf Closure System: Adjustable and replaceable BOA IP1 reel enables a custom-fit around the calf area.
- Sole: Variable density, oil and wear-resistant, rubber sole features a unique design that provides excellent grip.
- Grip Guard: Two rubber inserts (inner calf and heel) provide additional grip and protect the leg from engine/exhaust heat.
- Slider: High wear-resistant magnesium toe slider allows for totally free foot movement. Attachment points are well away from the areas that normally suffer from abrasion.
- Shock Absorbing Heel Cup: Non-deformable polyurethane heel cup is protected by a replaceable low-friction magnesium slider. Anti-shock heel features an internal comfort-enhancing decompression zone, located between the insole and sole; the inserts are highlighted externally in red.
- Gaerne Floating System: The unique Gaerne Floating System is constructed of a carbon composite and allows the foot to move naturally and prevents ankle twisting without compromising flexibility. At the back of the boot, and fixed at two points, the system runs inside two slots that limit movement in both directions preventing hyperextension or compression. While external polyurethane protectors minimize the impact of a fall and facilitate sliding.