Weight: 0.55kg (1.21lbs)
Dimensions (LxWxH): 114 x 70 x 87mm (4.49 x 2.76 x 3.43)
Terminal Height: 127mm (5)
Terminals: 2, M5x2.5 (MPT1)
Screws: 4, M5x7 (2x MPS1)
Allen Wrench: 1, 3x3 (MPAK1)
Terminal Caps: 2, 11x5.5 (MPC1)
Founded in 2008, Motobatt is a manufacturer of premium Powersports batteries, battery chargers and battery related accessories. Motobatt is the creator and holds patents all over the world for the Motobatt 4 terminal battery that facilitates flexible battery installation across a wide variety of vehicles while maintaining an OE like fit.
Specifically designed for motorcycles, Motobatt batteries offer much higher cranking power and higher amp hour ratings. Their batteries can withstand constant starting without draining the battery or causing long term cell damage. Their unique terminal design offers far greater versatility, allowing them to fit a wider range of applications which enables stockists to carry a narrower range of batteries for a large market, which makes it easier for retail customers to find a battery to fit their vehicle, in stock.
Motobatt Pro Lithium batteries are around 3x lighter than conventional lead-acid batteries, yet they produce even greater cranking performance ideal in competitive environments. This additional power translates into the ability to provide strong starting currents that are required for reliable, repeated starts at a wider range of temperatures than lead-acid batteries. Due to their very low idle discharge, Motobatt Pro Lithium batteries can retain charge after more than a year of inactivity. Pro Lithium batteries have a high life expectancy with over 2000 cycles compared to around 500 for a lead-acid battery, while also boasting a short recharge time, supplying up to 90% charge after
- Motobatt Lithium batteries are around 3 times lighter than lead-acid batteries
- Designed to produce higher cranking performance for competition environments
- Strong Starting Current, Reliable repeated start opportunities over a wide variety of conditions
- Very Low “self-discharge” while in storage
- Fast Recharge time, 6 minutes for up to 90% charge
Cell Balancing Circuit (CBC)
Motobatt’s Cell Balancing Circuit or CBC for short gives their range of Pro Lithium batteries an edge over the competition. The dynamic cell balancing provides the ultimate in cell control giving superior performance, life span and safety.
Each Motobatt Lithium battery contains a unique CBC which always controls the charge/discharge of the cells, especially when experiencing unreliable current during use. Most other batteries only have their CBC in the charging system, this only provides proper control and balance when the unit is connected to a wall socket.
Due to the CBC technology Motobatt Pro Lithium batteries can be recharged* when flat (below 10V) allowing them to last longer and provide more power to your motorcycle.
*Aggressive and repeat discharging may affect capacity and rechargeability
Protection Circuit Board (PCB)
Exclusive to Motobatt’s Pro Lithium HP-Series the Protection Circuit Board (PCB) technology makes Motobatt’s Pro Lithium batteries the safest on the market. PCB is designed to reduce the threat of thermal runaway and premature battery failure.
- Over-charge Protection prevents the machine, charger or consumer applying damaging voltages to the battery
- Over-discharge protection prevents the machine or consumer draining the battery to failure point by parasitic drain or battery application incompatibility. Once the battery reaches 8V it will shut down to protect the cells from being discharged to failure, then simply recharge to full voltage for further use!
- Reverse polarity is a common cause of warranty and is caused when the battery is short-circuited during installation. PCB provides reverse polarity protection preventing short circuits.
- Prevents damage by non-lithium chargers using de-sulphating mode or boost mode
- A built-in temperature sensor activates a shutdown process before the battery can overheat
Motobatt Pro Lithium batteries require different care and maintenance from standard lead-acid batteries. Always use a charger designed for use with lithium batteries. Warranty will be voided by using any other type of charger.
Motobatt Pro Lithium batteries are high performance starting batteries. They are not suitable for use where there is a parasitic drain on the battery, e.g. hot grips, alarms, clocks etc.